Taking cocodomol for head injury. Want to stop them. Getting headache. How?

I want to stop taking cocodomol 30/500 but have been on them for over 3 years due to head injury and restless legs, they cure the restless legs but I am fed up of the headaches and I don't sleep
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

thanks for the query,

Let me tell you that there are so many causes of headache like migraine, tension headache, tumor in the brain, infection in the brain, bleed in the brain and so on. The associated complaints with headache like vomiting, loss of consciousness, weakness of leg/hand etc will further narrow down the diagnostic possibility.

I have noted your medical history.

I feel that the most likely cause of your headache could be due to tension headache and or migraine. But these are the diagnoses of exclusion.

I urge you to get evaluated by a neurologist who will examine you and then he will determine if you need a brain scan or not. If your scan comes normal, the diagnosis will largely be established and you will benefit with medications like amitriptyline, nortrypltiline, valproate etc. You do not have to be on cocomodol. Apart, you will benefit with regular food and sleep habit with avoidance of stress.

Hope this helps
Please let me know if you have any other concern
Best wishes