Taking clindamycin 150mg through nebulizer. Started feeling pressure on head. Should I stop the medication?

hi my name is XXXXXXX I have been taking this medication clindamycin 150mg through my nebulizer now going on a week and 3 days. I am taking it because of sinus infections that have been occuring very often. I feel that i am not getting any better and i have been having lots of pressure on my head more so than when i started this. I do not like the way i have been feeling. Should i stop this medication? i was also taking a steroid medication also but stopped that 3 days ago.
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 23 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Generally speaking sinus gets infected in only 1% people suffering from sinusitis.
In 99% cases,it is generally viral in nature.
Take steam inhalation twice daily.
Take hot liquids.
Avoid cold drinks.
Avoid sudden change of temperature difference.
Stop smoking,if doing.
These general measures should be enough to make you al right in next 10 days.
If however you feel that symptoms have worsened,you may consult a ENT specialist and get required investigation and treatment.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Taking clindamycin 150mg through nebulizer. Started feeling pressure on head. Should I stop the medication? 3 hours later
K i understand but my question to you is i have been inhaling this medication and it is making me feel not any better. I have been getting headaches.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Your headache is probably due to untreated sinusitis.
You must take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for five to seven days along with regular steam inhalation and hot liquids.
If symptoms don't settle,then consult an ENT and get a CT sinuses done to actually see the condition of your sinuses.