Taking clenbuteral for weight loss. Wife conceived during treatment. Is it a matter of concern?

I am a 33 year old male who was taking 80mg of clenbuteral for weight loss. Similar drug family as Ventrolin. My wife and I conceived possibly why I was on? Most of what I researched states I should not worry. Thoughts?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later

Most of the time it is the maternal intake of medicine which can harm the baby. Regarding clenbuteral, it is not a safe drug with side effects like sweating, palpitation, high blood pressure etc. so you should continue it in consultation with your local doctor.

In my opinion you should not worry about its effect on baby as it is the maternal drugs which can pass to the baby via placenta and not paternal.

Best wishes