Taking clarithromycin for chest infection? Is groin pain and lack of sleep side effects of antibiotics?

been taking clarithromycin 500mg tablets for 5 days for chest infection, finished the dosage still have the chest infection, but at night have serious groin pains and unable to sleep, could this be a side effect of the antibiotics?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Clarithromycin doesnt cause this side effect. Yoh mentioned that you had chest infection and pribably you had cough as well. Caughing causes raise in intra abdominal pressure leading to pain in the groins. May times it could be an onset of hernia as initially it causes pain. You should get a usg of abdomen and groin done if the pain is bad. As of now you can take some mild pain killers like paracetamol. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.