Taking cipralex and rivotril and had lymphoma. What causes night sweating?

Question
I am early lymphoma patient and have no symptoms. I m taking Cipralex 10 a day and night and one Rivotril. I have noticed last night im hvng night sweating
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Side effect of Ciplarex. Switch to other drug. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Cipralex tablet contains Esitalopram. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It is potential cause night sweats. Rivaotril contain Clonazepam. It does not cause night sweats. It is one of the usual symptom with Escitalopram. If it is bothering you, you need to change the drug. My advise is to either switch over to other SSRIs or other antidepressants like Tricyclic antidepressants. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Taking cipralex and rivotril and had lymphoma. What causes night sweating? 2 hours later
I hope its not lymphoma sysmpton

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 17 hours later
Brief Answer: May be due to lymphoma. Switch drug and observe. Detailed Answer: Hello, As you have lymphoma, Night sweats may be due to lymphoma. But it is better to find out the cause for night sweat by switching over to other anti depressants and further observation. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.