Taking cipralex. Can I take lyrica while taking cipralex?

Hi I take 20 mg of cipralex for 2 years can I take lyrica while taking cipralex?
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 7 days later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history. Please let me know for what reason you want to take pregabaline.

Cipralex contains escitalipram. Escitalopram is very good, potent antidepressant drug with favorable drug drug interaction profile.

In usual cases, pregabalin does not have much interaction with escitalopram. So there should be any issue while taking both medication.

You should consult your psychiatrist before adding pregablaine with escitalopram.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.