Taking cipralex 20mg and salipax 20mg for panic attack. Is it safe to take supplement for weight loss?

Hello doctor . hope you doing well . I actually have a panic attack. It started 8 months ago . Now am taking cipralex 20mg and salipax 20mg . I almost back to normal however sometimes i feel the symptoms of it .
Few days ago , a very famous doctor on T.v talked about suplements that can help to lose weight . The products are ( raspberry ketone breeze and colo cleanse pure ). These two products are 100% naturally. now is it ok to take these products beside the panic attack treatment or no ?? is there a conflect between combining these products ?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     20 year old male
•     Known case of Panic disorder
•     Almost improved with treatment with cipralex 20mg and salipax 20mg.
•     Concern related to use of weight reducing natural product ( raspberry ketone breeze and colo cleanse pure ) with existing medicines.

Your existing medicines for panic disorder good, so continue them.

There is no existing guideline for use of weight reducing herbal product with medicines for panic disorders. Herbal product like raspberry ketone breeze and colo cleanse pure decreases weight by stimulating metabolism in body. So, these product may have effect like stimulant and may increase your anxiety.

There is no harm to use them with current medicines. But take care of following things during use:
-Get your thyroid function test (serum T3/T4/TSH level), as thyroid hormone imbalance may lead to weight gain and panic attacks.
-Stop natural product use if there is increase in your anxiety or recurrence of panic attacks.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.