Taking ciphene for PCOS. Took HMG injection after period. No significant growth on ovary. Reason?

sir, Iam having PCOS, I am taking treatment for past 6months started with ciphene 50mg, where egg was 18mm but couldnt conceive, later the dose was increased to 100mg ,but there was no significant change in the egg size ,it was hardly 8-9mm,then now in this cycle i tuk 100mg and HMG injection on 9th,11th and 14th day of period,but there is no significat growth on right ovary 13.1mm and left ovary 9mm on 16th day.feeling very depressed.please help in finding the reason
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 11 minutes later

Treatment of choice for patients with PCOS is with clomifene citrate. You have high chance of conception since you are only 29 years old.

During 6 cycles of clomifene and HCG , chances of pregnancy are as high as 25-30%.
So have patience and continue your doctors prescription.

I recommend you to:
1. Reduce your weight at least by 5%. This itself will increase your pregnancy chances by 50%.
2. Have a balanced diet.
3. Start taking folic acid regularly.
4. Moderate exercise. Make sure you exercise daily for 50 minutes.
5 Be positive and stress free.

Wish you good luck,
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr Nilofer