Taking cinnamon extract and fulvic acid for Pallido Ponto Nigral degeneration. Could methylene help?

Question
hi I suffer from a very rare tau aggregation illness called Pallido Ponto Nigral Degeneration could you advise me as to how I could inhibit this tau aggregation. Currently I take cinnamon extract and fulvic acid in addition to my medication. I recently read that methylene blue can inhibit tau aggregation but do not know how to get this.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Efficacy and safety issues still present Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Recent medical reviews and studies do suggest the possibility of Methylene Blue producing very positive effects with respect to TAU aggregation disease. There still exist however serious issues with respect to the safety of the drug. The FDA has not given official approval for use for this indication yet. I am afraid the results concerning the efficacy of Methylene blue in TAU aggregation is still very preliminary and still conflicting. NO large scale study has been done to prove its efficacy in a human population. It true that Hosokawa and collaborators recently in 2012 published its efficacy in TAU aggregation in mice ( WWW.WWWW.WW . However, in some Zebra Fish, Van Bebber and his collaborators still failed to demonstrate this inhibitory effects. The results are still very preliminary and conflicting. I do suggest for now you continue with the recommended therapy as we wait for a large scale Phase III randomized controlled trial to prove the efficacy of Methylene blue. Feel free asking further questions in case you have specific concerns. For your safety, I do not think its a good idea to start taking the drug now. Kind regards as I await to read from you. Dr Rogers