Taking carvedilol for high blood pressure. Right medication?

I take Carvedilol 3.125mg, generic for cored F/C. am & pm.. I have very high BP in am & after a nap in the afternoon. around 168/90. By mid day it has usually dropped to 110/67.
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The blood pressure starts rising a little from XXXXXXX and peaks before noon to settle down subsequently (Circadian rhythm) in most people.

Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) or Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACEI) are likely to be beneficial. Start a very small dose in the morning / may step up depending on the response.
All other drugs are appropriate and should not be changed.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck