Taking candiGone and bowel cleanser for candida infection. What kind of diet should I follow to get rid of mucus in stool?

I am fighting a pretty bad Candida infection that was causing other female issues. I have been going to get a colonic now for the past 3 weeks. But there is still alot of mucus in my stool, and I'm starting to get pretty worried. Although my practioner suggested that I get away from gluten (most likely a sensitivty) . I know correcticting the issue isn't going to be easy, bu twith all of the supplements I am now currenly taking I would think that my colon would start to empty itself better than what it is. Is there anything else I need to be concerned with especially since there is alot of mucus in my system. She did tell me not to worry much becuase when the system gets irritated it produces mucus just like having a cold. Should I try to go on a liquid diet for a week ? I am presently taking both the CandiGone & Bowel Cleanser from Renew life, on top of taking Digestive Enzymes 3 times per day, plus an additional Pau D'arco extract just in case of parisites (to cover all grounds ). My water intake has increased quite a bit, at least 6 - 16oz bottles ; 2 morning, 2 lunch , 2 in the evening. I'm not sure if I should drink anymore water because my system isn't flushing itself as I would think it would by now, but of coarse there is still old debris coming out. As well as a 90 Billion Probiotic from Natures Way
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. Dealing with candida is a difficult issue. It is great that you are doing the right things to fight such infections. It is true that when you have intestinal candidosis, there is too much mucus going out of your bowel. This is a completely normal reaction. Taking supplements is a natural way fighting candida but it needs time to see improvement. Apart taking them, I'd suggest to : - do the culture of stool for candida - culture of urine for candida - culture of your vaginal swab for candida This analysis will help identify the strains of candida and the right antimycotic drug. I also advise to get treated with antifungal treatment until you get improvement. All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Alba