Taking blood thinner Xrelto. HAve Afib. Have peyronies disease. Can I take Neprinol. Suggest?

I am currently taking the blood thinner Xrelto because I have Afib. Can I take Neprinol also? I have Peyronies Diease and my sex life is almost nonexistent.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Dear Sir ,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well carefully going through your history I see that you are on Rivaroxaban , an oral anticoagulant for atrial fibrillation.

Neprinol is a dietary supplement that contains serrapeptidase, nattokinase, protease, lipase, coenzyme Q10 etc. These are basically enzymes and antioxidants for regulation of various body activities . Well there are no studies to test there interactions in literature .

I dont think there is any harm in taking this supplement starting from low doses but after due consultation with your cardiologist . If he allows it in combination with rivaroxaban you can take it . It is advisable to gradually increase the dose rather than taking it in full doses.

Wish you good health .

Dr. Shruti