Taking blood pressure tablets and has acute dementia. Treatment?

My fiancee all of a sudden thought I was someone else, and thought he was at work, and is still acting the Same.he is 63 years old, is on blOOD Pressure meds. It happened so fast . I spend a lot of time around very old people at a home and he reminds me of them. He's an engineer and the president . So I am not too sure,what's goin on but he acts like he has acute dementia, if there is such a thing.
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 49 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It could be related to a tumor in the brain, or a stroke especially since he has elevated blood pressure. You have had a good observation and it should be completed by visiting a doctor. He should have a full neurologic examination by his doctor to see what could be the cause. After the examination they will probably ask for some tests or MRI or CT scan to see what could be found. You should also ask him about any complaint like headache or dizziness. I wish him a good health. Let me know if you have any question.