Taking birth control pills, had unprotected sex. Missed periods, stomach ache. Should I worry about being pregnant?

My girlfriend is on the pill, we had unprotected sex last Wednesday, and she finished her second pack of pills on Saturday. She was due to start her period Monday, but has not started bleeding yet. She has been getting some stomach aches as well. Should I worry about her being pregnant? She is on the 21 + 7 rigevidon tablets, and the leaflet says that she is unlikely to be pregnant if she misses a period for the first time. She first started taking the pill at the end of January this year
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
If your girl friend has taken all the pills on time without missing even a single pill then the chances of her being pregnant are almost negligible. It is normal not to have periods while taking pills.
Still to be very sure, you can ask her to do a urine for pregnancy test using kit available over the counter at all the pharmacies.
If the test comes negative then she can start with her next pack of pills as scheduled even if there is no bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.