Taking birth control pills. Had unprotected sex. Have irregular periods, diarrhea, feeling sick. Pregnant?

Mar 2013
Hi doctor Grief. this is my question this is my first time using pills . I just started a new packed of birth control on 03-07-13 with my period .but y only took 4 pills 2 on sunday and 2 on monday because i start late the pills.
i have unprotected sex whit mi boyfriend on period are irregular for 18 to 21 days sometimes.
After i had sex i feel sick my stomack and diarreatwo times a day .this mean im pregnant.
if yes i will be very happy:) thank you for you help Doctor Grief.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
During the first cycle of using birth control pills, you are protected from pregnancy, that too with only four pills.
Hence an alternative method like condoms is always advised as back up during the first month.
Symptoms of pregnancy would not show up immediately after intercourse, so your sickness and diarrhoea are not related to pregnancy.
If you would be happy with conception, why are you on birth control ?
Because if planning to conceive you should stop the pills and take folic acid tablets instead,
The earliest that pregnancy can be diagnosed is a few days after missing your period , when you can test.

Feel free to ask anything else you wish to.