Taking birth control pills. Can I skip after taking placebo and reschedule periods?

I'm on birth control pills now (my doctor recommend it as a treatment for Polycystic ovary syndrome) and I need to reschedule my periods. Can I skip taking them for one week after placebo week and reschedule it. that is I'm not taking any pill for one week and start taking them next this OK? please help
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 41 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Yes you can give that much gap to delay the menses but try to keep the drug free period as small as possible and do not postpone beyond 7days.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!