Taking birth control pill, missed some pills. Chances of being pregnant?

i take XXXXXXX birth control pill for 6 years very puntual rarely miss one. this pack i took the first 2 pills on my 3rd day, then in the 3rd week i took one of them at 8am when i was supposed to take it by 10 pm the nigth before.
i ussually get my period wednesday or thursday but i was checking my notes and in several occasions y had have my period in fridays but im wondering because i was careless this time what are the chances of my beging pregnant?
im 30 years old and i also should mention that i have polycystic ovary condition, that i believe makes it difficult to get pregnant/
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Starting a pack with two pills on day 3 is not worrisome. You have taken a pill in third week late by almost 10 hours. That should not make much difference.
Your chances of being pregnant are almost negligible as these pills have an efficacy of more than 99% even if you miss taking one pill.
Please do not worry and wait for few more days for your periods to start.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking birth control pill, missed some pills. Chances of being pregnant? 24 minutes later
thanks so much for the quick answer, i was wondering if im a under the correct impresion about my ovary condition? my polycystic ovary condition, my doctor says that it will be difficult getting pregnant that it will have to get some treatment, basically really work for it.
i never have ask for a second opinion but with that condition is that a usual situation?
my entire life i had issues with my period as a teenager it lasted for weeks and then sometimes a year will go by without it. only when at my 20's when i started to have sex i look for a doctor and the pills got me on a regular cicle that is why i never stop taken them even when im not having sex.
so would that be correct idea that getting pregnant will de difficult?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.
It is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance.So ovaries develop more follicles than normal every month. You should visit a designated fertility clinic with your husband & get yourself thoroughly evaluated. After full review of your case as a couple, your Gynecologist can make a plan for your fertility treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.