Taking birth control, missed a pill, had unprotected sex. Should I take emergency contraceptive?

May 2013
I take birth control on a daily basis and have not missed a pill in the last 30 days. Although I do not always take them at the same time each day. But, I missed a reminder pill on Sunday and had unprotected sex on Monday and today is Tuesday. Should I take an emergency contraceptive?
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later

usually after taking thirty pills continuously with little variation in time it will give complete protection,
as after the completion of pill strip then there will be time for withdrawal bleeding,
so there is less chance for ovulation on Sunday,
so if you stated taking pills from Monday onwards or better took two pills on Monday, it will give protection to this month and the chance of pregnancy is less,
so continue taking tablets and no need for emergency pill.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.