Taking birth control. Bubbles popping in stomach. Negative pregnancy test. Never missed period. Help

Im 24yrs old and im on birth control but i have been on antibiotics twice in the past three months. now i am almost two months late on my period and i have also been feeling some weird feelings in my uterus it felt like bubbles popping in my stomach. the first day of my last period was july 1. i have had a blood pregnancy test and it says that it is negative. but i have had a lot of weird things happen. my doctor says that i am simply one of those women who doesnt have a period on the pill but ive been on birth control since i was 13 and i have never missed a period while being on birth control. so now im confused. please help???
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Since your blood pregnancy test is negative, pregnancy is ruled out.
The delay in your periods could be due to a thyroid hormone disturbance or it just happens if you take pills regularly for a long time.
Please do not worry. You can start with your next pack of pills without waiting fro your periods and get your thyroid profile evaluated.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.