Taking azithromycin for Lyme disease. Can I take alcohol? Taking sulfameth and Trimethoprim

Can I drink alcohol while taking a z pack? azithromycim 250 mg while being treating for Lyme disease? after taking this medications for almost a month, I still feel feverish and most of my joints ache.I ,am a Lso taking
sulfMeth/Trimethoprim 800/160 twice a day. I was told that having a few drinks, mainly white wine would not hurt my recovery.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 38 minutes later

In case of males, 2 drinks per day is considered below the threshold of heavy alcohol use. More than 2 drinks per day could affect the metabolism of antibiotics, as well as the immune system in general. I agree that two or fewer (on average) should not affect your recovery.

Lyme disease can be very stubborn. It is not unusual for symptoms to persist, even after a month. If your alcohol intake is not excessive, then I would not attribute your protracted symptoms to alcohol use.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any follow up regarding this query. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please accept it.

Best regards,
Dr. Schwartz