Taking avonex injections for last 10 years. Will it be safe to stop this suddenly?

I am thinking of stopping Avonex injextions after taking them for 10 years. Can I just quit?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 37 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Avonex is one of the medications approved for multiple sclerosis. Like most other forms of immunotherapy, it reduces the frequency of relapses and slows the progression of disease.
Persons have stopped using avenox if they are experiencing side effects, have difficulty with the injection, no exacerbations or significant progression during the time they are on the medication.
Persons have stopped it without any complications such as progression but it would be best to discontinue it in consultation with your neurologist.

i hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions