Taking ativan for inner ear damage. Feeling dizziness after missed pill. What should I do?

Ihave inner ear damage and thus no balance, Previously had panic attacks . Drs. put me on Ativan I get diizzy without ativan now and the med helps me greatly Can I take 3 tablets daily 1 mgm . each?
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Ativan (lorazepam) ia an antianxiety medication.

This tablet should be given only for short peroid.

Its long term use leads to...

1. tolerance - that is with time you require more and more dose for getting the same effect.

2. dependance- that is without taking the tablet you do don't feel like doing anything.

In my view you are developing both these side effects. Please don't increase the dose on your own as higher dose may cause many other side effects.
XXXXXXX your treating physician and discuss about a probable change in medication is the next best option.

Feel free to ask, if you have further queries.

Wishing you a good health.

Thank you