Taking atenolol, ibuprofen and cyclobenzaprine. Have red spot on lower arm. Any topical cream for cure?

Jul 2012

I am 41 year old female. I have two identical sized red round spots with whitish centers on my lower left arm. The spots are 1/4" diameter and spaced 1/4" apart. The spots are flat and not bumpy and do not itch. I first noticed them Saturday. I currently take atenolol reguarly, but also currrently take prescriptions for ibuprofen and cyclobenzaprine for an unrelated health issue ( this was prescribed after I saw the dots but didnt ask doctor then). Do you believe these are bites? Is there a topical cream i can apply to reduce them?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 10 minutes later
Hi there.
Thank you for this detailed history & clinical description.
From what you say, they are more likely than not to be some sort of insect bite reaction.
Perhaps the use of a topical hydrocortisone cream preferably one combined with fucidin (antibiotic) applied locally twice/daily will rid you of the problem in 2-3 days or at least improve it. If so, we are on the right track.
Cheers & do hope this advice will help you out before the Easter weekend is upon us :)
Good luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD