Taking aspirin and nurofen. Stopped taking warfrin for DVT. Noticed bleeding from anus. Cause?

I have been taking aspirin for about 3 weeks as I have just come off warfrin for DVT andi have noticed that I'm bleeding from the anus, plus I took nurofen last week for a shoulder injury?? I intend to go to my GP tomorrow.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 53 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
I would like to inform you that in your case a bleeding from anus must be reviewed by a local physician and the treatment must be balanced.
If there is a local cause of bleeding like hemorrhoids/piles then they should be treated emergently because the per rectal bleed may hamper the treatment decisions for DVT.
You had a DVT very recently and ideally you should continue Warfarin for three months and then assess the DVT before switching to Aspirin.
It is good that you are going to see the GP soon.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.