Taking aspirin and ativan while going for plane ride. How to avoid getting dvt on flight?

I have a few is I am worried about getting a DVT on my plane ride tomorrow. I had aspirin the other day and drank ginger tea yesterday and today which is supposed to thin the blood and I want to take a baby aspirin before the plane ride. I am taking Ativan for the plane ride but I am worried that the extreme stress that I will be under will contribute to my risk. I did have EKG and chest X-ray 6 weeks ago but again I am really scared because I am a mess while flying. I am actually worried about forming one now because I flew 3 days ago. Is there any reassurance you can prove me?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later

To be reassured you can undertake few investigations to know your blood coagulation status and current status of your leg veins.

Investigations for blood coagulation status are bleeding, clotting and prothrombin times with INR levels.

For leg veins you can get Doppler done, this will also help to know whether traveling 3 days back as precipitate any clot formation.

These investigations can help you understand your risk of getting clot.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.