Taking aspirin. Hit arms and scratch too hard. Does it affect the skin?

is there anything I can do with my skin I am taking an aspirin a day and often
if I hit my arms or scratch too hard I start to bleed I also have aspirin skin.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consider clopidogrel or Aspirin desensitisation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand that you have bleeding with intake of aspirin.

My advise is go for Clopidogerl instead of aspirin if you are having this Cardio vascular event risk prevention.
Aspirin desensitization is also successful in some patients. You can try this also.

If you are taking aspirin for Pain. It is better to go with Acetaminophen. It is Non- NSAID (non - cardiovascular disease.

Please consult your treating physician immediately regarding this bleeding history.
Because this may result in life threatening bleeding if you have any peptic ulcer or bleeding from other mucosal or serosal surfaces.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good health
Follow-up: Taking aspirin. Hit arms and scratch too hard. Does it affect the skin? 2 hours later
aspirin is to prevent heart attack and stroke. we tired Plavix did the same thing. is there anything other ?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ticagrelor- consult your doctor before taking

Detailed Answer:
BRILINTA (ticagrelor) is the other anti platelet drug. It is more effective than clopidogrel. Consult your treating doctor before using this drug.

Because all the anti platelet drugs are potential to cause bleeding.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.