Taking apo-levofloxacin for pneumonia. Side effect?

Sep 2012

"Apo-Levofloxacin - I am taking this for pneumonia - (I have taken 3 tabs so far - still have pain. How long before this medication kicks in?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 17 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the drug contains levofloxacin. It is a potent antibiotic against effect depends on the severity of the infection. Depending upon the severity, it can take 7 days to work properly.

In your case, you should continue the drug for 4 more days. If it does not give any result, consult with your treating doctor for changing it into intravenous antibiotic like amoxicillin and clavulinic acid. Other drugs like piperacillin and tazobactum can also be considered.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.