Taking antidepressants seroxat and nerve drug rivotril. Can I take steroids with them?

Question
Hello Doctors.I am taking antidepressants "Seroxat" 40mg per day and nerve drug called "Rivotril" 1mg per day.And I want to ask You could I mix these my drugs with Steroids,for example :Testosterone Propionate? Or maybye You could offer other not storng steroids can I use together? It is possible to mix them together and what about side effects if I'll take them? ThankYOU very much.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can take anti-depressants & testosterone together

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

* Firstly, Testosterone is a male hormone and not a steroid. Further, you have not mentioned the reason why you wish to take steroids. Perhaps, you mean anabolic steroids to increase the bulk of your muscles.

* The side effects of anabolic steroids are increased growth of hair over the body, increased lipid levels in the blood, increased libido, High blood pressure, liver damage, acne and water retention, to name a few.

* I would be able to help with choosing a relatively safe steroid, if you tell me the reason why you want to take steroids.

Awaiting your feedback.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Taking antidepressants seroxat and nerve drug rivotril. Can I take steroids with them? 6 hours later
ThankYou for an answer.I want to take some preparates(steroids or other preparates like Testosterone propionate) to reach a better results in my bodybuilding.However,I want that preparate would be safe to use without side effects(i mentioned,that I am using "Seroxat" 40mg and "Rivotril"1mg.What could You recommend to take?ThankYou

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use Anabolic Steroids with Great Caution

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback.

If you insist on having anabolic steroids- which have potential side effects-, you may take Inj Nandrolone Decanoate 25mg weekly. It can be taken along with the anti-depressants that you are already taking.

I consider it as my duty to once again, apprise you of the side effects, which are as follows:- rashes, muscle cramps, enlargement of breasts, jaundice and water retention, in addition to those already mentioned above. Therefore it would be ideal if you can drop the idea of using steroids for body building.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Taking antidepressants seroxat and nerve drug rivotril. Can I take steroids with them? 13 hours later
ThankYou. So which of these preparates You would recommend to use:Testosterone propionate or Nandrolone Decanoate? My weight is 85kg,and what doses I need to take and how long? ThankYou

Brief Answer:
Nandrolone is more preferrable

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for seeking clarification.

Nandrolone Decanoate would be a better option for body building as it is more effective in muscle-building than Testosterone.

Take 25mg intramuscular weekly for 2-3 months and not beyond that.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal