Taking antibiotics for upper respiratory infection and have tightness in chest

I had an upper respiratory infection and was on 2 courses of antibiotics. Over the last month I have had a sensation...not pain but more like something of a tightness on the right side of my chest above the breast (feels like pushing out from the inside) had my annual mammogram and stress echo in the last month both ok. I exercise regularly but this feeling is not going away. It does not hurt to the touch and cannot feel any swelling and not painful to the touch Confused and wonder if it is something lingering from the infection or if I should go to dr.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Review to rule out infection first and TB. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Considering the fact you that you have been on two courses of antibiotics, persistence of such a feeling could be explained by use of inappropriate antibiotics, germ resistant to the drugs prescribed, or the drug being taken for a shorter than required duration. It is , in my opinion, imperative to get a Chest X ray done at this point in time. This could guide us on the possible source of infection, type of germ and state of the lungs. Complications like lung abscesses could begin as such or present as chest aches. Some germs, intracellular organisms might not respond to the regular or recommended course of antibiotics. Chest ray images could give much information in this regard. It is important to also get pulmonary TB excluded. Tb germs do not respond to the antibiotics generally used. It is only after a possible lung problem like infections has been excluded, that other causes of dull chest pain could be searched for. I suggest a complete review by your pulmonologist or internist. Thanks and kind regards. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. I would be glad offering my humble contribution. Best of health. Dr Rogers