Taking antibiotics for spots on the back of throat. What do you advise?

I have a white tongue/spots on the back of my throat.just finished.2 rounds of antibiotcs
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Candidiasis tongue following antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope to help you in the same. Now you half recently been on two courses of antibiotics for the infection. It is very common to get a fungal infection in the form of candidiasis following courses of antibiotics. This is what seems to have happened in your case as well. Candidiasis of either oral or genital region can occur following long term antibiotics use. Now what you need to do is to take oral antifungal mouth paint containing clotrimazole. You might need oral antifungals along. I would suggest that you should see a nearby dermatologist for the prescription. But atleast you be assured that this is nothing related to an oral cancer. Either a uniform while coating develops over the entire tongue or white patches develop in candidiasis. Take some multivitamins along as well. Hope it helps If you have any other query, please tell. Dr Geetika Paul.