Taking antibiotics for husky voice but no change. What are the findings from X ray, Endobronchial Ultrasound and MRI of brain?

Oncologist, Surgical
My brother aged 29 years was suffering from husky voices since last 2 months. Doctos at Kolkata tested a little preliminary and when in-spite of taking strong Antibiotics the voice remains same then, gone all through checking to detect the root of problem. As such, X-ray, Endobronchial Ultrasound , CT-Nech, Eco, MRI-Brain and Whole body CT done.
The test results of various important testings are furnished below:
a)      Echo Test- Normal,
b)      Endobronchial Ultrasound Report: Indication:Mediastinal Adenopathy:EBUS Findings:Enlarged subcorinal and left hilar lymph nodes seen
c)     MRI-Brain with contrast done : 1)Miliary metastases 2) Focal dural thickening and enhancement at left orbital apex found
d)     CT-Neck: Mild fullness and medial displacement of the left aryepiglottic fold with anteromedial rotation of the left aryepiglottic cartilage.
e)     Whole body CT: Done: Nothing abnormalities found in all other portion of Body
f)     Cytology Full Reort: In pression: EBUS guided cellular FNA smears and cell block section from lower lobe left lung with an adenocarcinoma
EBUS guided cellular FNA smears and cell block section from subcarinal lymph node with a metastatic Adinocarcinoma.
After all findings, Doctors advised for Radiotherapy in Brain for 10 days with oral Chemotherapy and after completion of Radiotherapy with 15 days gaping Chemotherapy will be started and 6 nos. of Chemos will be administered.
Please suggest whether the treatment and suggested Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy doses are in order and also please confirm whether from this ‘Adinocarcinoma’ disease , my brother will completely be cured and never come back the same in life.
What precautionary suggestions should be adopted for not reverting the disease ?
Awaiting for your valuable reply/suggestion for my brother please.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
advanced disease

Detailed Answer:
Your brother has lung cancer which has caused hoarseness of voice. In addition, there are areas where cancer has spread to the brain.

This means that the cancer is in STAGE IV.

You have to discuss this issue with your doctor. The treatment for stage IV is NOT to cure cancer but for palliation. This means that patient's quality of life improvement and incidental prolongation of life is the aim.

Please do not use the word 'CURE'. Please understand that he has a limited life span and please come to terms with the situation.

I advise you to discuss with your treating doctor in length regarding outcomes, cost of therapy and duration. Ask speicific questions and try to get specific answers. Do not let emotions cloud your practical decision.