Taking antibiotics for foot injury and noticed a red streak. Should I seek medical attention?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have taken an antibiotic for an injury on top of my foot for a week -- have gotten it extended for another week because the injury has a red strip across top of foot about width of a bandaid (had been much larger) --The 1/2 cut has a scab but around it is a hwite circle (probably pus) Tonight I noted a red streak going upward. Epsom salt soaks reduced inflammation more 2-3 days ago than the 2 I've had today Do I need to get this looked at by my doctor or go to emergency room? (Dr. is off on Sat.)
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes better to consult doctor soon Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history and symptoms possibility of cellulitis or infected wound can be considered. If collection of pus is obvious then wound should be debrieded.So I will advise to consult doctor as soon as possible. You may need to regularly watch wound. As signs of infection like raised local temperature, pus collection, increase in pain is there so I will advise to consult to orthopaedic surgeon. Some medication antibiotic and Trypsin and analgesic will reduce pain, you can take them consulting your treating doctor. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.