Ask a Dentist   »  

Taking antibiotic for toothache. Should I discontinue lipo 6?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am taking Lipo 6 hers and today is day 5. I am having toothache. Is it ok to take antibiotic such amox 500 today. Or should I discontinue Lipo 6 hers from tomorrow onwards and start on the antibiotic dosage. Please advice
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Lipo 6 hers is a fat burner which has been advertised widely and its exact composition and ingredients have not been specified.
Similarly there are no rational drug trials available to test its efficacy, safety and interactions with other drugs.
Amoxycillin is a relatively safe and well tolerated antibiotic with a low potential for any drug interactions.
You can combine the use of two and self monitor yourself for any adverse reactions. Lipo 6 hers is not going to adversely affect the efficacy of amoxycillin as an antibiotic.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking antibiotic for toothache. Should I discontinue lipo 6? 31 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. I have stopped Lipo and started on Amox. But the tooth ache is a little more severe, would amox 500 suffix or should I go for a better dosage.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later

There is no pharmacologically documented drug interaction between Lipo 6 hers and amoxicillin capsules.
Therefore you need not to discontinue Lipo 6 hers while using amoxicillin capsules.
So you can use both of them without being anxious.
Hope I have answered your queries. If you have further queries you can ask me.

Dr Arnab Maji