Taking antibiotic for tonsillitis and cold. Why am I getting tingling sensation on lower back when coughing?

General Surgeon
I have had tonsillitis and a very had cold I am on my third course of antibiotics I have noticed now when I cough or sneeze I gat a shock like tingling sensation in my lower back area what could this be
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
As per your query,you had Cold and Tonsillitis.
If there is no response to your antibiotic course,please take Azithromycin or Clarithromycin tablet.Add anti inflammatory drug along with anti histamine tablets.
During coughing ,there will increased intra abdominal pressure.During sneezing also,many muscles will be acting involved.Nerve supplying the back muscles might be stimulated and leading to shock like tingling sensation.
But,nothing to worry.
Add B complex with antioxidant tablet daily.
If you take the above drugs,all your complaints will come down.
If you have any query,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery