Ask a Urologist   »  

Taking antibiotic for bacterial infection. Started itching on penis. How to treat this?

My boyfriend is experiencing an XXXXXXX penis itch. There is no rash on his penis and it does not hurt to urinate. I had a bacteria infection that is being treated with antibiotics. Did I give him the itch?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 31 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

An XXXXXXX itch in the penis is indicative of a genito-urinary infection. It is possible that you could have transmitted the infection to your partner.

It is advisable for your boyfriend to have a physical examination and a urine test done in order to confirm the presence of an infection, so that appropriate antibiotics can be started. It is important that both of you get properly treated because there can be a possibility of cross-infection from one person to another.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar