Taking antibiotic for a micro bacterial infection in elbow. Getting trouble sleeping, bloated stomach.

I'm taking 1000 ER of this antitbiotic daily for a micro bacterial infection in my elbow. I have to be on this for one year, started in XXXXXXX . Having trouble sleeping and my stomach is really bloated. Also having trouble losing weight. Also, I am sweating constantly, worse than normal hot flashes.
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs clinical review

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I ma afraid it might not be very healthy to be on an antibiotic for up to a year. I strongly suggest you might have to consult your oral anti biotics. Infections which require talking antibiotics for that long are actually relatively rare (Tuberculosis, bone infections or osetomyelitis).

I really do suggest a complete clinical review to avoid effects, which could be unnecessary from prolonged antibiotherapy.

Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD