Taking antibiotic. Having redness and itching on penis. Due to antibiotic?

i am drinking antibiotic for 5 days know and i notice that i am having the head and a little below my penis with redness and its staring to itch. could this be from to much antibiotic
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 51 minutes later
Brief answer....You are correct that it may be thrush due to use of antibiotics.
Detailed answer...
Your symptoms appear to be due to thrush and the most common cause for it is either a prolonged use of antibiotics or uncontrolled diabetes.
Apply local anti fungal cream like CLOTRIMAZOLE twic a day and keep your part dry.Make sure to control your blood sugar levels if you have diabetes.
Since you have already taken antibiotics for 5 days,you may take it for a day or two more,as most likely you are taking for throat infection only.
You shall be all right,once the antibiotics are withdrawn.
As far as stopping the antibiotic is concerned,talk to your doctor regarding this.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck