Taking amoxicillin. Noticed white clitoris and stinging sensation in the vagina. What's wrong?

Question
I am a cutter and I cut too much and arm started to get infected. Dr put me on amoxicillin for a week and now my vagina is sore in some spots it stings when I pee and the tip of my clitoris is white. Am terrified. Saw my gynocologist three weeks ago and she never mentioned a white clitoris. XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
The stinging sensation in the vagina and a white clitoris might happen due to a vaginal infection- bacterial or fungal. Low estrogen levels after menopause can also cause these symptoms.
As far as the treatment is concerned, apply warm compresses and keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and underwear. Wash the area well with an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin or Polysporin are also useful.
If it is associated with itching then fungal infection is likely and it requires antifungal creams as Cotrimazole.
If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.