Taking amlopress at for chronic alcoholic fatty liver. Prescribed heptral and udiliv. What to do?

Jan 2013

Suffering from chronic alcoholic Fatty liver. Taking Amlopress At and alprax 0.5 for hypertension. Gastroenterolost advised me to take Heptral 400 and Udiliv with Storvas 10. Heptral does not suits me, it freezes muscles around neck. What should I do?
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Heptral contains Ademethionine and is also known as S-adenosyl methionine.
This is generally produced and consumed in liver.
Heptral is a nutritional supplement and generally prescribed in liver disease, osteoarthritis, Alzheimer's disease and depression.

Although Heptral is not associated with muscle ache and freezing sensation.
There may be possibility of Storvas induced muscle ache as statins are commonest for causing these type of symptoms.

You should consult with your treating doctor/ XXXXXXX medicine specialist and let him know your status.
As alcohol is the causative agent of your fatty liver, you should first stop or reduce the amount of alcohol.
Fatty liver can be treated by use of Statins (as storvas), Ursodeoxycholic acid (as Udiliv) and by use of antioxidants such as Vitamin E (Cap Evion).

If you are not able o take Heptral then you should take Vitamin E along with other prescribed medicines.
You should avoid Storvas for coming days and see the improvement.
As such there is no correlation of mentioned symptoms with Amlopress AT and Alprax.

You can ask direct query on this URL:

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava