Taking ambien. Looking for pain management doctor and prescriptions for adderall

Oncologist
Question
NEED A DOCTOR WHO STILL PRECRIBES ADDERRALL TO CURRENT LEVEL WHICH IS 30MG 3XDAY,ALSO DISORDEI HAVE 20 MG OF ,AMBIEN I PER NIGHT

PLUS INEED APAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR, I HAVE 4 DISCS OUT WITH MRI AND MY DOCTOR WANT A PAIN MANAGEMENT DR TO HANDLE. THEY GIVE NOTHING AND I AM IN SEVER PAIN
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending a question.

I understand that you're seeking a local physician who will provide you with continued management of your medications.

In light of the high doses of your medication this will require you to establish a very good working relationship with a primary care doctor. I would suggest that you Make an effort to discuss this with some of your friends and family to see if they have good physicians who they work with and one of these physicians may be the right fit for you.

The high doses of medications including the amphetamine as well as Ambien will need to be discussed as most doctors would not be comfortable prescribing medications beyond what is recommended by the FDA.

Again thank you for sending your question. I would recommend that you try to find a good local physician who can listen to you and discuss your needs.

Please let us know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga