Taking amantadine. What will happen if I drink two glasses of wine daily?

I have just begun taking amantadine. If I drink 2 glasses of wine, daily will that have a negative affect
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would advise you to refrain from taking alcohol as alcohol aggravates the side effects of amantadine worse, such as dizziness, fainting, confusion and other circulation problems . It is one of the known side effects of amantadine and have personally observed in some patients also .

So in my opinion you should not take alcohol with this drug .

Dr. Shruti