Taking alprozalam, xanax, clonazepam and closepine. Experiencing severe urological problems. Side effects?

General Surgeon
My son is taking alprozalam, xanax, clonazepam and closepine. He is now experiencing severe urological problems.
The urologist can find nothing to account for the frequency of urination. Sometimes he can and sometimes not. I see that one of the side effects for alprozalam isn some urinary problems. He also cannot breathe except through his mouth. The urinary problems have been increasing since taking alprazolam and xanax. He has now had problems of incontinence, two or three times in the past week. This problem is growing and I am very concerned.
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clozapine the cause of urinary complaints

Detailed Answer:

The causation of urinary symptom is likely to be due to Clozapine. Clozapine is an atypical antipsychotic drug which by its anticholinergic action causes difficulty in initiation of urination leading on to overflow incontinence. As your urologist would have worked him up thoroughly to rule out any anatomical cause, It's likely to be drug induced and schizophrenia could have contributing factor. Get a Urodynamic study and if his bladder pressure are high, he may require clean intermittent self catheterization.

I hope I have answered your query. Get back to me for any further assistance.