Taking advair, levothyroxin and dilizen for COPD. Why am I having blurred vision and slight balance problems?

COPD, on Singular & Advair. Levothyroxin , Dilizen, Clonidine, Furosemide for Hypertension (controlled) 10mg Simvastatin. I have a abdominal Hernia. I have some blurred vision and slight balance problem, which started yesterday..
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: IT MAY BE RELATED TO CLONIDINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health care Magic Iam Dr. DADAPEER K an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having blurred vision and slight balance problem since yesterday. You are on treatment for COPD, thyroid problem and hypertension by clonidine, Furosemide and lipid lowering drug Simvastatin. First thing I will consider is side effect or adverse effect of any of the above mentioned drug. Of all the above drugs Clonidine is known to cause adverse effect of dizziness or balance problem and blurred vision. The second thing i would like to consider is transient ischaemic attacks because of age related atherosclerosis involving the carotid arteries. Hence I advice you to consult your doctor to rule out this as a adverse effect to clonidine and to rule out transient ischemic attack. Hope the information helps. With regards Dr DADAPEER K