Taking adderall for long. Need a priscription

I need a prescription for adderall. I have been prescribed it for over 3 years, but I lost my insurance. Can you help? I just need to save money and get the prescription soon. I have or can get records of my history with it.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

Generally any query is answered within an hour. The nature of the query is difficult as you are directly looking for a prescription here for Adderall. I hope you know this has an addictive potential, I guess that is the reason why doctors did not pick your query for so long. Prescribing scheduled drugs is against the policy of this forum. Second the pharmacist would not acknowledge the prescriptions from such forums.

If you are using it for three years you would require a higher dose and frequency of adderall. It can only be prescribed by a Psychiatrist / Neurologist on physical examination.

I have other tricks to save you some money if you are really looking for a genuine and invaluable advice.
First you can directly call up the local GP's office if they discount the consultation charges if you pay cash. Generally they waive up to 40 to 50 percent on the regular consult charges.
Second you can ask the GP to prescribe a generic version of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine (constituents of Adderall). You save 30% of what Brand Adderall costs at the pharmacy.

This can be of some help to you till you procure insurance.

Let me know if I can assist you further.