Taking adderall. Have swelling on feet and hands. Is this common?

When I take 20 mg adderal i hold fluid and have swelling of feet and hands is this common?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

How frequently do you take Adderall? How long have you been taking it?

How long after taking the medicine does the swelling appear? Any other medicines that you are taking?

Though you have mentioned that you have migraine and allergies, do you have any cardiac or kidney problems?

Adderal does not cause swelling of feet and hands. We need to see other reason for it.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
Follow-up: Taking adderall. Have swelling on feet and hands. Is this common? 24 hours later
I have taken adrenal for a year. Did not have this problem with swelling until 6 mon ago. I notice it about 3-4 hr after take. Hands and feet more swollen and red and hold a lot of fluid. I take no medications. I am in good health run 4 time a week. Swim wo 2 time week and wt machines one time a week. Do take supplements. Fish pills linolinic acid l- cartine actetyl cartine coQ 10 ester c and calcium. Eat healthy So I not sure why my body does this. But it is very uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for the update.

None of the medicines/supplements that you are taking should cause fluid retention. However, I suggest that you discontinue your supplements and see the effect of Adderall. If the swelling does not come then introduce your supplements gradually in a phased manner and see the result.

Secondly, get your urine routine and renal profile (blood urea, serum creatinine, electrolytes, etc. examined) to rule out a renal cause for the swelling.

I hope I have responded to your doubts to your satisfaction.