Taking abilify, lamictal and warfin. Now easily getting cold and mononucleosis. Side effect?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I HAVE BEEN ON WARAFIN FOR 6 MONTHS AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING SICK FROM COLDS TO MONO. I NEVER FEEL GOOD. I'M ON ABILFY AND LAMICTAL ALSO. CAN IT BE THE WARAFIN MAKING ME SICK?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 49 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
You mean warfarin? There is no some relation between any of your 3 drugs and decreased immune system strength. Of course, every drug has side effects which affect liver, kidneys and other, but as I said I wouldnt consider warfarin as a cause of your infections. But stress, depression and wrong dietary habbits make your organism less resistant to all kind of viruses and bacterias. You need to take lot of vitamins,fruits and vegetables and you can do blood test to see your white cells count.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"