Taking Zoloft from long time. Very sweaty, trouble in sleeping, slightly disoriented and exhausted. Suggestion?

Question
I've been on Zoloft for about 15 years now. Because of financial problems, I stopped taking it. After a week, I became very sweaty, had trouble sleeping, was slightly disoriented, and was exhausted. I read the description that came with my prescription and everything it said would happen if I stopped taking it, was happening to me. We scraped up the money for the prescription, and several days later I am much better, but still more tired than normal. I haven't told my doctor because of a similar occurrence years ago. Have you heard of such a thing?
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, I have heard from my patients

Detailed Answer:

I have heard Zoloft withdrawal symptoms you have mentioned from many of my depression patients who suddenly stop taking it.

I usually recommend if you have to stop due to various reason, to first consult your doctor, if you cant like in your case then do it gradually(reduce the number of pills your taking day by day until medication is over).

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you, if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Taking Zoloft from long time. Very sweaty, trouble in sleeping, slightly disoriented and exhausted. Suggestion? 3 hours later
I just wonder when I'll be feeling normal again.

Answered by Dr. David Okia 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
HI
Most of my patients take two to three weeks to be normal again.
Do not stress your self ,take a lot of fruits and vegetables (fluids) and always report any thing strange to your doctor. Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have more queries.