Taking Zoloft and ativan. Feeling dizzy, short of breath, weird. Do all these indicate anxiety?

hi I have pretty bad anxiety, but have been doing well lately with the help of Zoloft and ativan. well, at the moment I'm feeling dizzyish, light feeling? also a little short of breath like I can't feel myself breathing, and just an overall weird feeling like I'm out of my element. does this sound like anxiety to you? or something else?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 22 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. feeling dizzish and also a feeling that the person cannot breathe are some symptoms of anxiety as you mentioned in the question. If you have started Zoloft less than 6 weeks ago, you will find a better feeling after some weeks. However, you may need the dose of zoloft to get adjusted by your doctor. If the issue is dose adjustment, you will feel better, after several weeks. You can also take participate to some individual talk therapy or group therapies which aim the anxiety issues. It can help to take less dose of medication as well. All the best.
Follow-up: Taking Zoloft and ativan. Feeling dizzy, short of breath, weird. Do all these indicate anxiety? 2 minutes later
I've been on Zoloft for over a year 150 mg
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 43 minutes later
Hi again, thanks for letting me know. So you do not need any dose increase. All the best.