Taking Zoloft. Have sore itchy rash on chest. Any idea what this could be?

I have a sore/itchy blistery rash on my chest,any idea what this could be?Any chance it could have anything to do with taking the anti depressant Zoloft?I have been taking zoloft for 2 years now and it seems to have stopped working .Do you think I should see a psychiatrist rather than just the GP?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 37 minutes later

The sore, itchy blistery rash could be due to fungal infection, but difficult to say without seeing the rash itself.

I would like to know whether you have diabetes? If yes then what are the medications you are taking for it?

I would advise you to try with antifungal powder like clotrimazole or candid powder. Maintain local hygiene.

It has nothing to do with the antidepressant you are taking, as you are already taking it since two years. If the antidepressant is not working for you anymore I would advise you to see a psychiatrist.

Don't worry, take care.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani