Taking Vyvanse but quit smoking. Taking midodrine for low BP. Can I take two doses of Vyvanse?

Psychiatrist
Question
I started taking 40 mg of Vyvanse but by 1100 am it quit working . 70 is too much( I also take midodrine for low bp. Dr. Tried adderal today and I feel awful! I'm tired and can't focus . Is 2 doses of Vyvanse 30 mg doable?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are several ways to address it.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. As you mentioned 30 mg of Vyvance could be a good dose. Furthermore, you can ask your doctor to give you the extended release form of the medication which its effect lasts much more. There are some other medications for ADHD in adults from the class of serotonin noradrenergic reuptake inhibitors with longer duration of activity that you can ask about them from your doctor.

Follow-up: Taking Vyvanse but quit smoking. Taking midodrine for low BP. Can I take two doses of Vyvanse? 13 hours later
I know the adderal comes in xr , but the vyvanse is supposed to last 8-10 hrs on its own. I didnt think there was a yyvanse xr. I take midodrine for low bp, will the vyvanse increase make it possible to not take it?

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may not need midodrine with vyvance.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again, you are true. There is no Vyvance XR, however there is extended release form of serotonin noradrenergic reuptake inhibitors like Effexor you may take for ADHD. Also, if Vyvance makes your blood pressure normal, there is no need to take midodrine. The mechanism they act on blood pressure is pretty similar. I wish you a good life.